Ohms too Low or Ohms too High
When you are vaping,it may give a ohms too low” or “ohms too high” warning?
- The coil resistance is less than 0.1 ohm, or more than 3.0 ohm.
Abnormal circumstance: If the warning still pops out while coil resistance is reasonable, it may caused by the following reasons:
- Resistance detection component is broken, can’t read it correctly.
- The components of the product are short-circuited.
- Screws are not tight down.
About this question, you could try the following methods to recover:
- Please take off the tank and click the fire button, and then place that tank back on, click “n” when it asks “is it a new coil”.
- Please make sure screws are tight on tank, if you use the RBA coil on your mod.
- Please try with other tanks or coils on your mod, and try the same tank on the other mods to check whether they work fine.
- If it is the mod issue, please try to upgrade it, if there is update for it: https://www.smoktech.com/faq-list?category_id=5
Atomizer Short or Don’t Abuse Protects
When you see this error message please first be aware there is short circuit of your tank or your battery, the following is to find out which part is with problem.
- Please ensure the resiatance of your tank > 0.1 Ω
- Please take off the tank and make sure all screws of tank are tight, then click the fire button, after that place that tank back on, click “n” when it asks “is it a new coil” , if problem still remains please refer to next step.
- Please try with other tanks or coils on your mod, and try the same tank on the other mods to check whether they work fine, this step is to confirm whether the problem is the tank.
- If it is the mod issue, please try to upgrade the firmware of the mod if there is update.
- If your vape is with built-in battery please stop using it and contact Smok after-sale service immediately.
Mod won’t fire or Hit
Problem 1.Show message “no coil”
- Bad connection for the 510 connector.
- Coil issue, no resistance.
Problem 2.Show message “short atomizer”, or “don’t abuse protects”
- 510 connector shorts out.
- The resistance of coil you are connecting is lower than 0.1Ω
- Tanks/coil shorts out
Problem 3. Can’t read the resistance correctly, show “ohms too low” or “ohms too high”
1. Screws are not tight down.
Problem 4. The voltage does not change while vaping
PCBA is damaged.
Suggestions & Solutions:
- Please try to clean the 510 connector
- For the problem of resistance detection error, please take off the tank ,click the fire button, and place that tank back on, click “n” when it asks “is it a new coil” (this step is to erase the resistance memory which was recorded by the previous tank)
- Please make sure screws are tight on tank if you are using the RBA coil on your mod.
- In order to confirm whether it’s the problem of atomizer or mod, please try with other tanks or coils on your mod, and try the same tank on the other mods to check whether they work fine.
- Please set the appropriate power according to the coil’s suggested wattage.
- Please make sure whether the voltage has changed while vaping, if no, please try to upgrade it or replace a new one
Pen Style (No screen battery like stick V8):
- Low battery
- Output short circuit.
Suggestions & Solutions:
- Please try to charge it over 2 hours.
- Please try with other tanks or coils on your mod, and try the same tank on the other mods to check it is tank issue or battery issue, and make corresponding substitutions.
SMOK coils taste burnt?
Coils are a wear item and will need to be replaced after a week to a few weeks time. You will know that a coil needs replacing if the coil starts to lose flavor and taste burnt or charred.
SMOK says that under normal conditions, the wire in their atomizers can be expected to be used for 50ml of e-liquid. So if you have a 5ml tank, that’s around ten refills.
Occasionally, coils will wear down more quickly. Especially if you were sent FAKE coils from a site like eBay or WISH. There are many counterfeit copies now that look identical, but do not perform as well. There are also counterfeits that perform as well or better than the original coils.
And sometimes they can start tasting burnt almost immediately. This could be for one of a few different reasons:
- You need to prime your coils – If your vape tastes burnt after a few hits, it could be because you haven’t primed your coil properly. Priming your coil essentially means saturating the coil with e-liquid. Prime your SMOK coils by dropping 2 drops of juice down the center hole of the tank.
- Your wattage is high – Every SMOK coil should have the recommended wattage printed on the side. I always recommend starting as low as possible to fire the coil, and working your way up toward a comfortable vape output. This prevents you from burning on your first hit, and gives you time to adapt to a brand new coil.
- You are vaping too often – Chain vaping is another coil killer. If you are taking one big hit after another, you may be burning up all the juice that has saturated the cotton before more can soak in. Try to take a few moments pause between your hits.
- Your coil may be defective – If you have tried all of the above, it may be that your coil is defective. If you purchased your coils from a local vendor, or from an online vendor you should contact them for a replacement. It’s also a good idea to check for counterfeit if sold as genuine, and report them.
Vape Juice leaking from air holes
There are some things you can do to reduce leaking:
- Hold your vape upright – Your vape is more prone to leaking when it is on its side. If you have it out on your desk or in your car, make sure it’s kept upright. If you put the vape in your pocket or your bag, you can reduce leaking by closing up the air holes when you aren’t using it.
- Tighten seals and o-rings – Your vape could be leaking because seals aren’t tightened. Make sure all of the sections of the tank, including the glass piece and any o-rings are screwed on tightly.
- Increase your wattage – If juice is leaking out consistently, your wattage may be too low. Low wattage could mean that all of the juice isn’t vaporized before it makes it to the upper chamber and so is leaking out. Make sure you don’t exceed the recommended wattage printed on the side of your SMOK vape coil.